Ram V. Iyer
The Business Thinker
* Do you have a conference or convention that requires a compelling keynote speaker with practical insights that will inform, educate and engage your audience?
* Do you have a senior leadership retreat that needs a speaker who will stimulate the leaders and transform their thinking?
* Do you have an internal meeting or a sales meeting that requires a business thinker who can authoritatively speak about how each person can benefit from becoming more engaged in the business?
* Do you have a techie group or conference that could benefit from a techie speaker who has learnt to succeed in business and make a compelling case for how each techie can benefit from his/her techie mindset in a business setting?
If any of these opportunities describe what you are looking form, reach out to us to arrange for Ram Iyer, President of the Business Thinking Institute to speak at your event. He will speak from personal experience (success AND failure), firsthand research data and insights from speaking to hundreds of CEOs and executives across the world. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not hear regurgitated and worn ‘wisdom’ that has failed to reduce the 70% plus failure rate in decades. Get practical insights from an MIT graduate with engineering and business degrees who has started 4 companies, worked at Boeing and Lucent, been a VC in Silicon Valley, and interviewed billionaires, millionaires and CEO’s across the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. He lost over a million dollars of personal money on a ‘guaranteed to succeed’ business. From his personal successes and failures, Ram Iyer has identified the five pillars for business success (some not addressed with a business school education) and the ‘silent killers of business success’. Most entrepreneurs believe the myths and platitudes and “follow the herd” to the 70% failure rate. They never learn to identify and remedy the ‘missing recipe for entrepreneurial success’ or develop the ‘business thinking’ necessary for business success.
Ram has validated his insights by surveying 320 business people including 75 multi-millionaires and others not-as-successful (Cronbach alpha of 0.8 for the statistically inclined). His findings are immediately practical and uncommon common sense. He is a passionate speaker who will educate, entertain and engage the audience.
Business Thinking for Business Success
Successful people are good business thinkers and successful businesses have an abundance of business thinkers. You too can develop business thinking, become a better entrepreneur, employee, executive or business person. You will become more valuable, attract more interesting work and get more compensation. Companies can achieve greater success by fostering a business thinking culture.
Transformation with Business Thinking
If you seek to affect change with a group, getting individuals to align with your vision for the business could be challenging. A common reason why transformation efforts fail is the lack of business
thinking – clarity of the value provided and received by each individual.
Win in Business by Taming the Silent Killers of Success
We will discuss the reasons individuals fail in business. It is an uncommon perspective from the findings of a survey of 320 business people, including 75 multi-millionaires.Learn to ‘Win in Business by Taming the Silent Killers of Success’, whether you are an entrepreneur, business owner or an employee in a business.
The Missing Recipe for Entrepreneurial Success
Over seventy percent of all businesses fail within ten years and the failure rate has not changed much in years. Venture funded ones do no better.You will have a new perspective on what you need – and what you cannot have – to succeed as an entrepreneur.
See list of keynotes
Please click on the button ‘List of Keynotes’ to see the list. Each keynote has an associated workshop that can be customized for your organization’s specific needs.
If you are a meeting planner, CEO or department head who wants to improve the performance of your company – with practical insights from an experienced business thinker – send us an email or give us a call.
Videos of Ram
“Ram is a passionate speaker who speaks from his heart. His talk was intriguing and his insights were enlightening – not obviously known to most business people I meet.”Chris Requena, Organizer
“This was one of the best entrepreneur talks I have been to in a while…”Jeff Desocio
“It was a very energizing talk and you have already helped me to get my head back in the game.”Attorney Christine Kuta J.D.
“Ram is one of the smartest and nicest people I know. He is superb at conceptualizing new ideas and business models.”Richard Guha
The Future of Learning
The Unique Marshall Goldsmith
“I loved being interviewed by Ram! He asked incredibly insightful questions. As an added benefit – I learned so much from him during our discussion. Along with being a great interviewer, he is an amazing thinker!”Dr. Marshall Goldsmith
“An interview with Ram is a treat. He asks thoughtful, probing questions and the conversation develops as a real dialogue. I’d sign up to talk with him any time! Business Thinking Radio is one of the great podcasts”Sally Helgesen
“The mark of a good interviewer is if the interviewee’s own thinking evolves. Ram’s probing questions definitely helped me —and was fun to boot.”Prof. Sanjay Sarma
“I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with Ram. I had scheduled twenty minutes but continued for over an hour because his questions were so engaging“Dr. Ellen Langer
Reasons Ram Should Speak at your Next Event
- Has uncommon common sense.
- ‘Connects dots’ providing better understanding & practical insights.
- Distills complicated concepts into simple easy-to-understand language.
- Speaks from personal experience in startups, small, medium & large companies.
- Brings insights from starting & running the Business Thinking Institute helping individuals in business.
- Addresses the needs of business owners, entrepreneurs, employees or freelancers.
- Brings insights from his podcast BUSINESS THINKING RADIO- CEOs, thought leaders & experts.
- Brings insights from interviewing CEOs and business experts across the USA, Germany and Asia.
- Brings insights from experience in many business functions – engineering, ops, sales, marketing,….
- Brings personal perspectives from launching 4 startups – some successful, some failures.
- Brings insights into the venture capital industry from having been a VC in Silicon Valley.
- Brings insights from consulting at client sites in 16 countries.
- Has been featured and quoted in several publications including MONEY, FORTUNE, CFO Magazine,…
- Has spoken at many organizations including MIT, Princeton, NASSCOM, TiE, The Conference Board,…
- For workshops, Ram administers assessments to all participants and provides before-and-after scores so business leaders can see the impact of the workshop – unique, practical and results-focused!
Blog Posts by Ram
Insights from experience and research
Ram has spoken at…
Photos from past events
Assessments by Ram
Insights into your mind, knowledge and skills
Blog Posts by RamInsights from experience and research
Ram has spoken at...
Photos from past events
Assessments by RamInsights into your mind, knowledge and skills